Thursday, April 22, 2010

Crazy raw, doing my job like the mob...


We've been in trial all week, hence the lack of posts since Friday. However, a recent event demands out attention: Monday's passing of one of our favorite hip-hop artists, Guru. For those who don't know, Guru paired with DJ Premiere to form the hard-hittin' duo known as Gang Starr. The NY Times did this nice piece on Guru, who was the rare hip-hop artist to die young by natural causes and not violence.

Guru learned he had myeloma last summer and was subsequently hospitalized in February due to respiratory problems. He slipped into a coma and did not recover.
Our favorite Gang Starr song is below and features our all-time favorite hip-hop verse:


Aiyyo I'm gonna be on ti dop that's all my eyes can see
Victory is mine yeah surprisingly
I've been laying waiting for your next mistake
I put in work and watch my status escalate
Now I'ma start collectin props connectin plots
networkin like a conference cause the nonsense is yet to stop
Jakes shake me down, haters wanna take me down
Break me down, CLAP all they heard was the sound
Yo I scoped it out, I took your weak dream and choked it out
Your bitch don't really got no ass, she just poked it out


No comments: