Friday, April 10, 2009

"The first time I graduated High School"

Meet Rick Rosner. If you're a fan of Jimmy Kimmel, Adam Corolla, Bill Simmons or Errol Morris, you probably know him. Simmons had him on his most recent podcast and it kicked ass. After listening to it, I got on You Tube and watched Morris' One in a Million Trillion episode of his First Person tv show, about Rosner.

Short rundown: He's super smart. Graduated High School in 1979, then went back several times to "get it right." Has been a stripper, bouncer and nude model. And a Who Wants to Be A Millionaire contestant.

That last tidbit, frames Morris' work, as he relates how obsessed Rosner became over his appearances (yes, more than one) on the show. Rosner felt he got jobbed on his first fast finger deal. It's hard not think he may be right about that first appearance when you look at what happened on number 2.

Anyway, he's got an interesting story. Check it out. FWIW, I love Morris' stuff (Fog of War with McNamara is probably the best documentary ever in my opinion. I love it.), but I thought the podcast was better. Enjoy.

No comments: