Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Michael Steele's idea of good music? My Great Grandma.

Michael Steele may be on the way out as RNC Chairman, but if he is walking out the door, he's doing it on one leg. Why? Because he has pretty much left a foot in his mouth since assuming the chair.

His latest GQ interview is particularly damning with the GOPers. Why, because he says abortion should be a choice.


However, the more damning comment made may be one Steele offered up when discussing his favorite musicians.

I like Sinatra. I like old-school. You know, Bing Crosby, Sinatra, Dean Martin.
Love Dean Martin. He was one of these guys who just didn't give an F. He just
didn't. Life was a party, and you either want to party or you don't. But yeah, I
like those. I'm a big Pack Rat. I love the Pack Rats from the 1950s--Dean
Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Frank Sinatra, those guys.


So Steele wants to jam with my Great Granny Maude, who bless her heart, never took possession of an item she did not want to keep.

4 comments:

Cheesefrog said...

Dude, Dean Martin is the coolest crooner ever. Don't hate on him just because he's old school. Dean Martin rules.

BTW I'm thinking that Roe v. Wade is bad law, constitutionally speaking. I think the point that most people miss is that the absence of Roe v. Wade would not outlaw abortion. Personally, I am very much for the right to choose. Should it be a right granted by the US Constitution? I don't see why it should be. I'm willing to listen to an argument for though.

pluvlaw said...

The important thing from Roe was the right to privacy issue. You've got these yahoos who want to argue that there is no such right b/c it is not specifically enumerated in the Constitution. Of course, the idea that a document whose stated purpose is to "secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves" does not inherently seek to protect a right to privacy is ridiculous.

And that ain't no hate on Dean. I like Dean. I love Frank. But anyone who don't know its the Rat Pack and not the Pack Rats is lame.

Cheesefrog said...

Agreed on the right to privacy matter. I know I'm a little over my head when I start talking about law. Check that, I'm a LOT over my head. I don't know that I agree with a "right" to abortion per se, but I think a lot of people believe there should be. Since I'm for choice it (Roe-Wade) certainly doesn't bother me.

That is so funny about the Pack Rat thing. My eyes read right over that last night and I didn't even notice he had it backwards. If you're going to drop names to try and look cool then you ought to get it right. What a cheeseball!

pluvlaw said...

One commenter on another blog had the best line:

"Instead of a parent trying to name-drop to show kids how cool he is, this is a guy who name drops to show parents how cool he is."

You should really read that GQ interview. Throughout the thing, he will give an answer, then the interviewer questions him on it and he starts throwing out different answers. It's like he's playing "3 Guesses" or something.