Thursday, January 29, 2009

Funnier by the minute


Uh...how much are these damn attorney's charging me again?

Norm Coleman's Election Challenge is getting more and more ridiculous. The latest two examples of how ridiculous his challenge is:

1) Coleman's attorneys have said repeatedly over the past few days that they were not cherry-picking voters. Instead, they've tried to position this as a fight to simply make sure no voter was disenfranchised. Unfortunately, they forgot to prep their witnesses to lie for them. Take Peter DeMuth:
Upon cross-examination by Franken attorney Kevin Hamilton, DeMuth said he was
contacted by the Republican Party and told about the problem. "They asked me if
I knew my absentee ballot had been rejected. I said no," said DeMuth. "They
asked me if I was a supporter of Norm Coleman, and I said yes, and they
proceeded to ask me if I would like to go further."

2) Then there's this wonderful nugget that came out of Coleman attorney Joe Friedberg while cross-examining Deputy Secretary of State Jim Gelbmann:
Friedberg: In point of fact, even though I did something I wasn't supposed
to do with the application, my ballot should still count because my signature is
genuine.

Deputy Secretary of State Jim Gelbmann: Not according to the procedures we
use to determine whether the signature is genuine.

Friedberg: I don't care about your procedures.

(Franken lawyer calls an objection, is sustained.)

Friedberg: Okay, I do care...
That pretty much sums up the apparent position of Team Coleman so far: I don't care about your procedures. Or the law. Or the truth. I just don't want to lose.


But I don't want to seem like all I'm doing is kicking the mud out of Norm Coleman. Maybe I should throw him a bone. How about this: His wife is sure is hot. She's got legs that go all the way to the floor...

No comments: