Thursday, November 20, 2008

Analyze this

This site claims to analyze blogs and determine their type. Apparently, the BTPC is an "ESTP- The Doers:"


The active and play-ful type. They are especially attuned to people and things
around them and often full of energy, talking, joking and engaging in physical
out-door activities. The Doers are happiest with action-filled work which craves
their full attention and focus. They might be very impulsive and more keen on
starting something new than following it through. They might have a problem with
sitting still or remaining inactive for any period of time.


Hey, Reino, here's yours, ISTP - The Mechanics:

The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the
demands of the moment are masters of responding to challenges that arise
spontaneously. They generelly prefer to think things out for themselves and
often avoid inter-personal conflicts. The Mechanics enjoy working together with
other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action
both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in
driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters.


I think they hit it on the head, no? They certainly tagged my ADD pretty well and the books littering our house attest to the fact that I am keen on starting things, but not so much on the finishing. And Reino does work in the automotive service field (ie. mechanics).

1 comment:

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Like Mozart, I am a true Renaissance Man. Like Salieri, I toil in self-imposed confinement and angst... Patron Saint of Mediocrities.


I'm not sure about the thrill seeking, unless I gave away the Ferrari missing from my garage. That and I thought I was a better firestarter than a fireman.