Thursday, November 20, 2008

Is health care reform really coming?

Here's Obama with his new head of the Department of Health and Human Services, former Dem Senate majority leader Tom Daschle.

Pretty much everyone on the left is excited about this appointment, as they think Daschle's appointment signals Obama is serious about pushing through healthcare reform. The theory is, Daschle is not being picked for his administrative skills, he's being picked for his knowledge of inside baseball in getting legislation passed.

Let me warn all my conservative friends, get ready. Healthcare reform is coming. Trust me. I talk to a wide variety of folks everyday about this topic, a vast majority conservative. Everyone is fed up with our current system. I always enjoy listening to insurance adjusters complain to me about my clients' medical costs, as if I have something to do with how high they are.

My line is usually, "Hey...I agree. That crap is outrageous. But what do I know...I want socialized healthcare."

No comments: