Friday, February 27, 2009

A little love for my Republican friends...



I'm a leftist, commie agitator. I think we all know that. But I got some mad love for my right-wing brethren. What can I say...I need someone to Duck Hunt with. It is in this spirit of bipartisan co-operation that I offer the following:

Any reader of this blog knows I think pretty highly of Andrew Sullivan. He is a favorite of mine. Today, he has two posts up that I encourage my conservative friends to check out.

The first, is a post on what happened to the Republican party and how badly they got played on the Stimulus Bill.

The second, offers some potential hope: Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman. I recently offered my opinion that Hunstman was the kind of voice the Republicans should listen to, and quite frankly, the kind I would like to have on the other side challenging my party. He's sharp. Every GOP'er should heed his warning: "No" isn't a solution.

To my Republican friends: Read the full interview with Hunstman. Sullivan is right. Your party became a party of tactics, not purpose. Don't get me wrong, you were damn good at those tactics. But in the long run, it has fatally wounded the Elephant. Come 2010 and 2012, you offer up the same old candidates who push the same old ideas, you are gonna get the same old results.

No comments: