Monday, February 23, 2009

Stay classy, Sen. Jim Bunning
















Senator Bunning showing how much class he has.

Maybe you heard about the jam-up pep talk Sen. Jim Bunning (R-Ken.) gave Republican party faithful Saturday.
During a wide-ranging 30-minute speech on Saturday at the Hardin County
Republican Party's Lincoln Day Dinner, Bunning said he supports conservative
judges "and that's going to be in place very shortly because Ruth Bader Ginsburg
… has cancer."

"Bad cancer. The kind that you don't get better from," he told a crowd
of about 100 at the old State Theater.

"Even though she was operated on, usually, nine months is the longest
that anybody would live after (being diagnosed) with pancreatic cancer," he
said.
Well, if you thought a former baseball pitcher offering public diagnosis of cancer patients was classy, check out the apology:
"I apologize if my comments offended Justice Ginsberg [sic]," Bunning said.
"That certainly was not my intent. It is great to see her back at the Supreme
Court today and I hope she recovers quickly. My thoughts and prayers are with
her and her family."
You know...only politicians and athletes think those "that was not my intent" apologies are actually apologies. Way to go, Jimmy. Why don't you take the next term off. Oh, I forgot, your party is already thinking that...

No comments: